If you’ve been following on Chicago Bites on Twitter, you know I’ve been on vacation in Philadelphia this week. I’ve had some amazing food, but my eating habits have taken a turn towards the sugary. It seems like every morning I’ve had dessert for breakfast — cupcakes, poundcake, and chocolates!
I know I’m not the only one with a sweet tooth, so I asked Twitter folks about their sweet morning habits:
- @Realpolitikmama #DessertForBreakfast @Bleeding_Heart blueberry scones!
- @jackvinson Morning sugar? I used to dump several Tbsp of sugar on my Frosted Flakes. #DessertForBreakfast
- @sarahhong Carrot cake french toast. Because, why the hell not? #dessertforbreakfast
- @Hurdler4eva I always eat dessert for breakfast. @morecupcakes, @webakecupcakes and @HMPC are great standbys
- @photovox Dessert for b’fast is easily found at Bongo Room and Over Easy
- @BitXDeadweight Pie at @HMPC
- @sparklefade3 I bake cheesecake and keep slices in freezer at all times. Nothing gets me ready to face the day like cheesecake!
- @MyChiConcierge Made cupcakes over weekend, had one for breakfast every day this week.
Thanks for sharing! If you have a dessert place you like to hit for breakfast, please leave a comment or let me know on Twitter.