Before I headed to the grocery store to stock up for my roadtrip, I decided to ask Twitter what foods they made or bought to take on the open highway. I always get the best ideas from our Twitter followers! Here’s what you had to say:
- @lex2190 A huge bag of mini pretzel sticks mixed with m&m’s (or the new hershey chocolate drops that look like m&m’s but are bigger)
- @clever_cupcakes Combos!
- @FritosnFoie Really good beef jerky, unsalted potato chips and reese’s pieces are my standards!!
- @amber4miles Trail mix! Go crazy at the bulk foods section @WholeFoods.
- @LTStrum Though a bit too Elvis..peanut butter & banana sandwiches are tops….but bloating
- @mjmaloneyDIY trail mix: as simple as peanuts, raisins and M&Ms!
- @alixmatz Nutella caramel corn.. a little messy, but so worth it!
- @readinggirl1984 A friend once made some homemade whoopie pies for a road trip – it was delicious and looked like a huge, fluffy Oreo! 😀
- @LstrawberryCAKE Sheila Johnson Hot Tamales are my favorite road snack! Have a great trip.
- @josnowsyrups Salty sweet trail mix with dark choc m &ms. Salted cashews & dried cherries & candied ginger.
- @spamantha00 Homemade chex mix and the little Debbie oatmeal pie things I’m not sure why.
- @TheAteWonder Premade-I don’t leave on any trip without my kashi go lean bars – in chocolate and peanut butter!
- @Piratealice I always need pretzel rods. They are my go-to snack when on the road.
- @SweetSandyB Beef jerky. Hands down
I’m sure I’ll take other road trips in the future, so if you have a great snack idea please leave a comment or send a tweet!