Our friend Gordon (@gordondym) had a taste for good pierogi, so we put out the call through Twitter. As always, there were some great suggestions:
- @GreenGrocerChic We get a fresh delivery of pierogi every Monday, but they sell out fast. If you call ahead we can set some aside for you.
- @richqb I hear Kasia’s has awesome pierogi. Chicago and Hoyne, I think? Got my own?
- @creamwine Belmont close to Paulina.
- @aschie30 By far, Smak-Tak (Jefferson Pk) has best. Light & flavorful. More traditional, but good version @ Podhalanka (Wicker Pk)
- @mlindzy Best is at Kasia’s Deli on W Chicago at Hoyne. Cannot be beat!
- @swimmerpoet Where to get great pierogi in Chicago? Podhalanka Restaurant on Division
- @maggiehendricks Cooked? Big Apple, Angel’s, White Eagle. Uncooked? Pierogi Factory Outlet
Thanks to everyone who shared! Have a question for the Chicago food community? Leave a comment or find us on Twitter (@chicagobites).